Thursday, May 10, 2007

Review of Left Behind


I finished Left Behind about a week ago. It is the 1st fictional book in a series based on the Christian belief in the last days as interpreted in Revelations. The book isn't a piece of literary greatness, just a quick read with its dramatic events based on the tribulation after Rapture. I found that it portrayed common beliefs of what western layman's believe concerning the Bible. I enjoyed the character development and relationships, though they were somewhat typical with the budding romance, daddy's little girl, and the deceptive, manipulative, suave, charming, bad guy. I found parts of the book funny, like those who disbelieve Rapture has come because they were not taken (clearly they were in it for show, or not truly practicing). I look forward to reading what comes next.

No comments: